As part of Next Day Garage Door’s continued blog series to help homeowners stay informed about all things garage doors, we are offering a special deal for all our followers. Next Day Garage Door is a team of expert professionals who provide five-star garage door repair service all at an affordable price.
We would like to think of ourselves as the absolute best garage door company in Virginia, DC, and Maryland. Next Day Garage Door technicians are providing top-notch garage door repairs in Alexandria, VA, garage door installations in Waldorf, MD, and all throughout the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area. To inquiry with any questions, call or text Next Day Garage Door at (571)-327-6285 or (301)-500-0475.
The biggest misconception about garage doors is that it involves two components only – the garage door and the motor. The reality is that your garage door is a multi-faceted component. From the garage door lock, garage door springs, garage door opener sensors, garage door trim, garage door hinges, garage door window inserts, garage door threshold and weatherstrip, and more.
The system that makes these rolling doors so simple to lift suspends hundreds of pounds so you can access your garage for tools, storage or to park your vehicle. With all these components, it is important to conduct continual maintenance. Annual garage door checkups in Washington, DC, Virginia, and Maryland will inform and prepare homeowners for any necessary repairs or possible upgrades to keep their home in prime shape.
What’s the point? Garage door maintenance is a crucial process. As a shield between your belongings and the elements, your garage door is a vital feature of your home. However, you need to check its status to ensure it remains in good condition.
The garage door hinges, garage door springs, garage door threshold, and garage door sensors are just some of the many components of your garage door that require regular maintenance. At Next Day Garage Door, our goal is to help homeowners prepare for issues in advance. Garage doors, a regular home entry point for many people, are a vital part of protecting your home. Schedule garage door maintenance services for your home to promote a danger-free zone for your family and a fortified home from burglaries. So why is it important? Find out why below:
1. SAFETY FROM INJURY: Even residential garage doors weigh several hundred pounds, and if the tension continues to work in the garage door, you will not need to lift the whole weight. The rolling motion makes for an accessible opening, so with supported garage doors, safety is a matter of keeping the parts in order. However, many people have reported injuries due to garage door malfunctions.
2. SECURITY FROM BREAK-INS: Guard your home against break-ins by following wise garage door practices and keeping your garage door durable. Having a professional company liked Next Day Garage Door to examine your garage door’s closing mechanisms and loose bolts will seal your home from invasion. These annual checks will establish a rolling line of defense to ward off burglaries.
3. STEER CLEAR OF INCONVENIENT REPAIRS: With routine repairs, your garage door will last longer, and the more consistent you are with maintenance, the more dependable and constant its quality will be. To maximize your initial investment in your garage door, extend its lifespan with annual maintenance visits. Yearly evaluation of your garage door will allow you to manage when the visit happens and the subsequent steps you will take to correct any worn components.
4. AVOID DELAYS AND INTERFERENCE: Rather than interfering with your home and life, the pristine shape of your garage will add value to your home. If you ever plan on selling your home, the top condition of your garage will reduce remodeling costs and increase the likelihood for potential buyers to make an offer. Conveying how you maintained yearly checkups on the system make it even more attractive.
5. KEEP A STORAGE AND PARKING SPACE CLEAR: When your garage door needs significant repairs due to lax maintenance, you have to move around boxes or give up a parking spot. However, performing upkeep on your garage door spares you the trouble of reorganizing your garage for an extensive overhaul. Return home from work to park your car and be confident your garage door will function smoothly after your annual maintenance visit.
As a homeowner, the signs you should watch for that determine the state of your garage door can be subtle but look out for these pieces of evidence of prolonged use. You can perform visual and auditory checks as well as minimal balance tests to judge whether your garage door is in proper shape for optimal safety and convenience.
Some of the tips below will help you determine whether a professional company will
- Engage the emergency release or manual release cord to gauge the relative ease of the door’s movement. Look for locations of snags, unevenness, and blockage.
- Test the reversing mechanism by placing an obstruction below the garage door.
- Visually inspect for loose bolts and other unsteady parts on the garage door.
- Check for your remote opener for a proper signal and response. Perform routine garage door opener maintenance.
- Evaluate the regular wear and tear on the door. Look for scratches, dents or more seriously compromising defects.
- Assess the door’s balance by lifting it in increments to see if it closes or stays perched at the height you left it.
- Be wary of torsion springs and do not attempt to repair them yourself.
- Look to see if the tracks and rollers are clean or need to be wiped down.
- A garage door has a substantial number of components to keep up with, including cables, drums, a torsion shaft, tracks, rollers and coil springs. Garage door servicing experts will be able to give you specific feedback and instructions for preserving the door.
If you are in the market for a new garage door, Next Day Garage Door is here to help. We have a wide variety of different style garage doors to choose from and would be happy to help answer any questions you have about them.
Next Day Garage Door prides itself on providing exemplary customer services. We take every measure to ensure you are satisfied with all your garage door installation and repair needs and will do whatever it takes to earn your business and remain lifelong clients.
We pride ourselves on being large enough to provide professionalism and reliability, yet small enough to provide personalized service. To discover more about how we can serve your needs, please visit our website, or call us at (571)-327-6285 or (301)-500-0475 today.