Are you looking for a garage door repair in Alexandria VA or a garage door repair in Arlington VA? Look no further than Next Day Garage Door, a garage door repair company that prides itself on expert professionals and top-notch service. We’ve been in the business for over 10 years, and we’re hoping to help out homeowners that are struggling with common garage door repair issues. We want our customers to be well-informed homeowners that make intuitive decisions.
When it comes to increasing your home’s value for the home market, for refinancing purposes or for your own satisfaction, adding curb appeal is a pretty big deal. When it comes to increasing your home’s value for the home market, for refinancing purposes or for your own satisfaction, adding curb appeal is a pretty big deal. In a study conducted by the National Association of Realtors (NAR), 99 percent of realtors involved in selling homes agreed that curb appeal is crucial in attracting a buyer. Adding curb appeal can raise your home’s value by as much as 12 percent.
When you’re aiming to improve your home’s exterior appearance and wondering how to give your house curb appeal, your garage doors can have a lot to do with how successful your sale is or how impressed your neighbors are when they drive by. In both old houses and new houses, garage doors often offer only functionality and the most basic appearances or designs — even when they protrude prominently from the house or take up a substantial amount of space in the front. But imagine if you transformed this common, typically unimpressive exterior feature into an eye-catching, aesthetically appealing aspect to make your home shine. Leaving your garage door bland and unembellished in the same color and design your home came with means you’re missing out on the opportunity to maximize curb appeal with a simple feature.
If you’re wondering how to improve curb appeal with your garage door, you can make a variety of changes to accent your home’s exterior features and turn that door from drab to dazzling. Whether you’re putting your house on the market or tackling a home improvement project, here are our best garage door curb appeal ideas to help. Whether your house is new or older and whether you want accent colors or updated doors, improving your garage door can boost your curb appeal by:
- Completing Your Home Design: If you’re working on finishing or revamping your whole exterior design, an updated garage door can add the finishing touch you’re looking for. With its color, material or design, it can tie your whole home look together or add that extra something the front of your home needs.
- Upgrading Your Style: Whether you bought your home new many years ago and it’s in need of an update or you bought it used and want it to look a little more modern, a new garage door can provide the refreshing touch you’re craving with its texture, material, color, design and style. Choose something especially suited to your current tastes.
- Restoring Your Original Home Look: Maybe your home has seen a lot of years of wear and tear, and you just want to return it to the curb appeal and polished look it had in its younger days. Replacing your declining garage door with a brand new one and repainting or refreshing the front of your home can restore its original design and make it as good as new when it comes to curb appeal.
Because of its relation to both curb appeal and your home’s functionality, a garage door’s return on investment (ROI) is high. A high-quality and attractive door can greatly enhance the worth of your residence after your initial investment. It’s one of the first things a person will notice about your home — including a potential buyer.
Before you think about special features for an enhanced look, you have to decide on the type and material of your door. If you’re picking a brand new garage door for your home, you have a variety of options when it comes to material and design. The type that’s right for you is all about your personal tastes and style preferences. Do you want a rustic look? Wood panels can make your home look more classy and warm. If you’re aiming for something more modern, clean lines and geometric cuts can make your home look sleek and minimalist. Your choice of style and material may also depend on the way you intend to use your garage. To help you decide what’s right for you, here are some common types of garage doors and how they make an impression:
- Aluminum and Glass Garage Doors: Aluminum garage doors are high quality and sturdy. They offer a sleek surface and are ideal if you’re looking for a simple but modern style. Your door can be all aluminum or incorporate glass — some modern garage doors are designed with an aluminum frame and a glass center crossed by aluminum beams. This option is great for simple, modern tastes and for functionality. If you use your garage as a workshop, aluminum and glass garage doors are useful for incorporating natural light into your workspace and giving your garage a warehouse-like feel. Even if you’re just using your garage to park cars and keep the weather out, this material provides a sleek, geometric look that modernizes your exterior.
- Steel Garage Doors: Like aluminum, steel garage doors offer a modern touch and a sleek design, but they serve another purpose as well. Insulated steel is one of the sturdiest, strongest materials you can choose to keep your garage secure — plus, it provides the additional benefit of efficiency with its performance. Most garage doors aren’t climate-controlled, so air leaks and heat transfer from the garage can affect the temperatures in other areas of your house. Steel garage doors insulate your home, protect it from outside air flow and offer a modern but versatile look you can incorporate into almost any home design.
- Wood Garage Doors: Wood garage doors are traditional and classy and offer an aspect other garage doors can’t — authenticity. While a variety of garage doors use synthetic materials designed to look like wood, natural hardwood doors provide a richness and rustic feel that just can’t be duplicated. If you live in a rural area, want a rustic look or are hoping to give your home a traditional feel, wood garage doors might be the perfect pick for you. You can choose the wood material and stain you like to suit your home — just make sure your doors are finished with a waterproof adhesive sealant to protect them from weather.
- Carriage House Garage Doors: Want a luxurious, authentic look to complete your garage doors and give your home a country touch? Consider installing customized carriage house garage doors for chic convenience, reliable durability and extra style. This design evokes an old-fashioned, sophisticated style while delivering a rustic feel and giving your home exterior something different to help it stand out from your neighbors. You can also choose your hardware materials, door color and additional details to make your doors even more suited to your specific tastes. Windows, handles and side detailing make these doors especially attractive.
- Garage Doors With Windows: If your garage door has never had windows, this might seem like an unusual feature to add, but garage windows can transform your look and go a long way in improving your curb appeal. Windows may not be right for all homes, but if your garage door takes up a pretty big amount of your house’s front facade, installing windows along its top or sides can break up the monotony of the flat, wide surface, offer variety and make your exterior that much more beautiful. Choose your window’s location and shape based on the design of your front windows or the windows in your front door to complement each other and draw your design together. If you’ve avoided windows in the past due to safety concerns, know that many windows available today are impact-resistant.
At Next Day Garage Door, we promise to provide the very best service possible and offer a myriad of affordable options to help you make the smartest choice possible. Our ultimate goal is for all our customers to be informed homeowners. As this blog progresses, we will continue to help homeowners diagnose and perhaps even fix their garage door repair on their own. We offer Garage Door Repair Maryland and Roll Up Garage Door Washington DC. We also serve Garage Door Repairs all over Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia. We have technicians available 24/7 to service any of your garage door repair needs. Garage Door Repair Cost can be high; however, we promise to offer professional top-notch garage door repairs at an affordable price guaranteed. Please feel free to give us a call or text at (301)-500-0475 or (571)-327-6285 if you have any questions or inquiries.