Are you looking for a garage door repair in Alexandria VA or a garage door repair in Arlington VA? Do you need a rolling gate steel garage door installed in Washington DC? Look no further than Next Day Garage Door, a garage door repair company that prides itself on expert professionals and top-notch service. We’ve been in the business for over 10 years, and we’re hoping to help out homeowners that are struggling with common garage door repair or installation issues. Our goal is to ensure that all our potential customers are well-informed homeowners so that they can make both intuitive decisions and understand the value of their selections.
If you are thinking about investing in a new garage doors for your home, then you may be overwhelmed with all the terminology you are seeing. In today’s digital age it is easy to find a wealth of information – but if that information cannot be put into context it is essentially useless. Today we are going to cover some of garage door markets best garage door selections to offer for all residential homes and commercial buildings. As always, Next Day Garage Door has technicians standing by 24/7 to answer all your questions and inquiries: Please feel free to call/text us at 301-500-0475 or 571-327-6285 for assistance.
Although there are a myriad of different brands of residential garage doors, at Next Day Garage Door we only utilize and install the best garage door for your home. At Next Day Garage Door, the DMV’s premier garage door experts, we install both Clopay Garage Doors and Amarr Garage Doors. Both Amarr and Clopay offer a vast collection of residential and commercial garage doors for all types of homes and business. Although the styles are similar, they differ only in the name of the brand and pricing. Amarr are said to be pricier than Clopay Garage Doors.
Traditional Garage Door Style Options
Traditional garage doors are manufactured in either steel or natural wood. Customers can customize their garage door by selecting from a variety of panel styles available in long or short designs, a unique assortment of decorative window designs and up to eight factory-finished paint colors. Stain-grade wood is also an option. The different types of traditional garage door styles include:
- Steel + Insulation + Steel: Top of the line; 3-layer insulated steel constructed garage door
- Steel + Insulation; Medium grade; 2-layer bonded construction
- Steel: 1-layer steel frame constructed
- Wood: 3-layer insulated wood doors rails and stile construction
Contemporary Garage Door Style Options
For mid-century modern or modern home styles, contemporary garage doors can provide the clean, functional curb appeal you crave. Both Amarr and Clopay offer contemporary styles through various collections of aluminum and glass garage doors, a modern steel collection and a custom wood reserve collection. Elements of metal, glass and even wood come together in these doors to showcase fresh, efficient design on your home’s exterior. Clean lines and classic functional details are the hallmark of several Amarr and Clopay garage door styles, making them well suited for the modern home. Designs are available in a variety of materials including aluminum and glass, steel and wood.
- Aluminum & Glass: Rust-proof aluminum frame that is 2 1/8th thick
- Steel + Insulation + Steel Modern Collection: Comes into various layers of insulation; exterior steel
- Custom Wood Collection: Handcrafter 4-layer wooden garage door construction; Contemporary style; energy efficient insulation
Carriage Style Garage Doors
Amarr and Clopay’s carriage house garage doors combine two of the most commonly desired elements of residential garage doors – the rustic charm of the carriage house and the modern convenience of an overhead-opening garage door. Whether you are seeking the perfect match for new construction or simply replacing existing garage doors, carriage house style can be the perfect way to incorporate your personal taste into your home’s exterior while also enhancing curb appeal. Both Amarr and Clopay offer carriage-house-style garage doors in a wide range of materials, configurations, and finishes, each with a variety of hardware and window options to help complement your home’s architecture.
- 2 or 3 Layer Insulated Carriage Doors: 2 inch steel construction with a swing out appearance, but an overhead garage door operation.
- 4 Layer Insulated Carriage-Coach Doors: Composite construction with a swing out appear, but an overhead garage door operation.
- Grand Harbor 2 Layer or 3 Layer Insulated Door: Composite construction with a swing out appear, but an overhead garage door operation.
What’s incredible about Amarr and Clopay’s grand selection of garage doors is that there’s a special garage door for every type of home: Farmhouse-Style Homes, Modern Style Homes, or even Victorian Style Homes. Although there are a myriad of different designs, it’s important to understand what you (as the homeowner) are looking for and will I be able to afford it within budget. Here are some tips and guidelines to use when in the market of installing a new garage door.
- Curb Appeal When viewed from the street, the garage door can account for as much as 40 percent of a home’s facade. Because it’s so prominent, the garage door can make or break a visitor’s first impression. If your battered old door has seen better days—or if it never really matched your home in the first place—then it may be sending the wrong message about you, your style, and your priorities as a homeowner. By upgrading to a new garage door that perfectly captures your design vision, you can instantly transform your home’s curb appeal. As simple as that sounds, there are a lot of factors to consider. With its online garage door preview tool, both Clopay and Amarr makes selecting the perfect door not only easy, but actually fun. After you upload a photo of your home, you can experiment with different combinations of garage door designs, finishes, and hardware, so you can see exactly how each would look installed on your house. From timeless carriage house style doors to sleek and streamlined contemporary models, Clopay and Amarr provides plenty of options. Because when it comes to curb appeal, there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Energy Savings In a busy household, the garage door gets opened and closed so frequently that temperatures inside the garage go up and down like a roller coaster. That isn’t such a big deal in a stand-alone, rarely used garage. It’s a much different story, though, when the garage is attached to the house, or if your garage doubles as a workshop, laundry, or utility room. Here, the temperature matters, not only for your comfort, but also for your energy bills. After all, temperatures in the garage can affect those of adjacent living areas. Check your next utility bill. If it’s sky-high, your garage door may be at least partially to blame. Fortunately, there’s a simple, cost-effective solution—garage door insulation. An insulated garage door ensures substantially more stable temperature levels. In fact, on a cold winter’s day, an insulated door keeps the garage 10 to 20 degrees warmer than it would be otherwise, according to a study by Clopay and Amarr engineers. If you’re hoping to raise the energy efficiency of your garage and your home, be sure to double-check the insulating properties of any door you’re considering. Another reason to opt for a door from Clopay or Amarr: The company gives you the freedom to choose the best suited to your needs—polystyrene or foamed-in-place polyurethane (ideal for regions with cold winters and hot summers). No matter which you choose, you can count on greater comfort and savings with an insulated garage door.
- Insulation Many homeowners use the garage as their primary entrance. If you’re one of them, consider an insulated garage door. For one thing, insulation ensures greater comfort in the garage. In fact, on a cold day, a well-insulated door can keep the garage 10 to 20 degrees warmer, according to a study by conducted by residential garage door manufacturer Clopay and Amarr. It’s not all about comfort, though. There are savings at stake, too, because as the largest opening in the home, the garage door can affect your home’s overall energy efficiency. In a home with conditioned living spaces next to and above the garage, a poorly sealed, uninsulated garage door can make the home’s climate-control system work harder (and consume more energy) to maintain the target temperature. By minimizing drafts and thermal energy transfer, an insulated garage door can help lower monthly utility bills. That said, much depends on the quality of the insulation. To understand the insulating capacity of a garage door, consult its listed R-value. The higher the R-value, the better the door’s performance.
- Windows A garage door with windows adds character and a sense of welcome to any house. Windows can make the garage door look unique and increase the home’s curb appeal. And just think, you’ll no longer have to inch your hand along the wall in the dark looking for a light switch thanks to the influx of natural light. Garage door windows are customizable and available in designs that will match almost any home style. There’s even impact resistant glass for those who reside in high-wind areas. So, whether you live in a brand new contemporary or 100-year-old farmhouse, see how investing in a garage door with windows can benefit your home.
- Budget When considering what to spend, remember that this purchase won’t be made again for many, many years, if ever. What door you put on your garage can have a significant impact on the rest of your home. Spending a few extra dollars now can help raise the value of your home. According to Remodeling Magazine, one of the top projects for homeowners is replacing the garage door, earning more than 90% return on investment. A general rule, the garage door should be approximately 1% of the value of your home. Pricing variations come from how labor intensive the installations are. It’s important to consult with various companies to see these pricing variations. Although the total price may add up, especially with the addition of certain features, good warranties can offer peace of mind and security should the door happen to fail for reasons noted in the warranty. Manufacturers like Amarr and Clopay offer warranty per each type of garage door; however, garage door repair companies like Next Day Garage offer workmanship warranty to further provide comfortability when purchasing new garage doors.
- Return on your investment Everyone knows that home improvement adds value, but from a return-on-investment point of view, a handful of projects are known to pay you back when it’s time to sell. It may surprise you to learn that out of all the most commonly completed home remodeling projects, garage door replacement ranks near the very top of the list in terms of cost-effectiveness. In its annual Cost Vs. Value Report, Remodeling magazine reports that at resale the average homeowner recoups 91.5% of the amount spent on a garage door upgrade. Of course, maintenance goes a long way to safeguard your return. All garage doors require annual maintenance to keep them running smoothly. Take note, though: Not every garage door on the market is built to last, and some require ongoing finish upkeep to retain their beauty through the years. Look for insulated models constructed in durable, low-maintenance steel or composite, so you can enjoy all the benefits of your new garage door without any hassle. Today, we insist on eye-catching designs that complement the colors and architectural style of our homes. At the same time, savvy homeowners know that the garage door can maximize comfort and energy efficiency. Finally, more and more homeowners look to garage door replacement as a reliable means of boosting home resale value. Times have changed, and in the modern home, garage doors play a central role, both aesthetically and practically.
At Next Day Garage Door, we promise to provide the very best service possible and offer a myriad of affordable options to help you make the smartest choice possible. Our ultimate goal is for all our customers to be informed homeowners. As this blog progresses, we will continue to help homeowners diagnose and perhaps even fix their garage door repair on their own. We offer Garage Door Repair Maryland and Roll Up Garage Door Washington DC. We also serve Garage Door Repairs all over Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia. We have technicians available 24/7 to service any of your garage door repair needs. Garage Door Repair Cost can be high; however, we promise to offer professional top-notch garage door repairs at an affordable price guaranteed. Please feel free to give us a call or text at (301)-500-0475 or (571)-327-6285 if you have any questions or inquiries.