Are you looking for a garage door repair in Alexandria VA or a garage door repair in Arlington VA? Do you need a roll up steel garage door installed in Washington DC? Look no further than Next Day Garage Door, a garage door repair company that prides itself on expert professionals and top-notch service. We’ve been in the business for over 10 years, and we’re hoping to help out homeowners that are struggling with common garage door repair issues. We want our customers to be well-informed homeowners that make intuitive decisions.
As consumers, we always have to be on the lookout for scams. The phrase “knowledge is power” is applicable when it comes to avoiding scams, especially garage door repair scams. So, how do these scams work and how can you avoid them when shopping for a garage door company? When it comes to garage door repair scams, con artists use a few techniques to convince homeowners that they are a legitimate, reputable company. Here are a few of their strategies:
- Advertising: Just like any business, scammers will invest in print and online advertising. By using advertising, they’re able to reach consumers, whether through the phone book, direct mail coupon books or digital ads on the internet.
- Low-priced services: Garage door scammers lure customers with the promise of low prices. While they may deliver that low price, they’ll often include inflated charges for labor or “discover” additional items that need to be replaced like garage door rollers and springs.
- In larger cities, garage door scams are more common. Why? More garage door providers are available, which makes it easier for these companies to blend in and remain undiscovered.
Scammers target people who are unknowledgeable about garage doors. It’s easy to take the advice of a service professional when you’re not an expert on a product, like your garage door. After all, it’s not something you think about until something goes wrong with it. Con artists take advantage of that, which is why garage door repair scams for emergency service are the most common. Here are tips to help you avoid garage door scams.
- Don’t always call the first company that pops up when you search for local garage door service or emergency garage door repair. Scammers are notorious for buying digital ads to keep these types of calls rolling in because that is when homeowners are most vulnerable.
- Listen for background noise when you call the garage door company. If it sounds like you have reached a call center, chances are the company is not local or reputable.
- Search online to find out if the company has a local building address or showroom and view the property on Google Maps.
- Read customer reviews on well-known, reputable home improvement review sites.
- Get estimates from multiple garage door companies and compare prices. If the technician pressures you to move forward with the repair right away to qualify for the advertised price, think twice before agreeing.
- Make sure the employee is mentions a specific company’s name
- Use dealer locators on garage door manufacturer websites. Major manufacturers have a “Where to Buy” page that lists reputable garage door dealers who service their products in your market. These companies invest in training their service technicians and uphold.
- Garage door scammers often operate under multiple generic names, like Garage Door Services, or a name slightly different than an established reputable local garage door dealer. When you call, make sure to ask the representative what the name of their company is — don’t provide the name for them.
After you have a contractor at the site of your garage door, it’s a good idea to ask for a written estimate of what the cost will be and what those costs correspond to. If the worker expects you to give them payment in advance, this is something to beware of. That applies doubly if they ask for the money in cash. Once everything is done, a good company will provide you with any parts that were changed. You also should be provided an invoice that explains the warranty on parts and labor, even if that requires you to pay the bill with your credit card after the entire job is complete.
Another common issue are larger, more established companies. Most homeowners find comfort in referring to such companies and trusting their every words. This is your biggest mistake. Larger companies have the ability to dictate the market price, and with proper advertising, they can make themselves seem like they’re the most affordable. In reality, this will not be the case. Such companies target misinformed homeowners with service fees and inflated costs. For instance, currently in Washington DC, there is a high demand for installing rolling gate garage doors Washington DC. The problem is that such installation have been controlled by larger companies, charging upwards of $10,000. At Next Day Garage Door, we offer rolling gate garage doors Washington DC for a significantly less price. At the price of $7,999.00, we can install a brand new rolling gate garage door Washington DC including an automatic gate opener, two external parts, and all labor charges.
At Next Day Garage Door, we promise to provide the very best service possible and offer a myriad of affordable options to help you make the smartest choice possible. Our ultimate goal is for all our customers to be informed homeowners. As this blog progresses, we will continue to help homeowners diagnose and perhaps even fix their garage door repair on their own. We offer Garage Door Repair Maryland and Roll Up Garage Door Washington DC. We also serve Garage Door Repairs all over Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia. We have technicians available 24/7 to service any of your garage door repair needs. Garage Door Repair Cost can be high; however, we promise to offer professional top-notch garage door repairs at an affordable price guaranteed. Please feel free to give us a call or text at (301)-500-0475 or (571)-327-6285 if you have any questions or inquiries.